There are important benefits of commercial infrared roof moisture inspections and surveys that should kept in mind. Low slope insulated and flat roof systems like anything else need to be maintained to properly protect your investment.
Key benefits of using our infrared UAV roof inspection service
- Infrared Thermography is Non-Destructive
- Infrared Thermal Imaging is non destructive or Invasive. However, verification of the marked areas of wet insulation on the roof need to be confirmed followed up by moisture probing meters or core sampling.
- Thermal imaging with an infrared (ir) camera quickly and accurately identifies areas of a roof that may have been compromised long before any damages are discovered inside a building.
- Proactive Intervention – Reduce Maintenance Cost
- By performing regular IR scans you’ll be able to intervene prior to a small problem becoming a big one
- Infrared Roof Inspection is Cost Effective
- When compared to dealing with a catastrophic loss, annual thermal imaging and preventive maintenance is a solid choice.
- Proactive properly maintained roof will lower your energy costs.
How Aerial Thermal Inspections Work
We fly over the roof fitted with an infrared imager to create a thermal image of your entire roof structure. With the sun’s heat dissipating after dusk we create a color coded thermograph with red and orange indicating warmer areas and white areas indicating cooler areas. If moisture has infiltrated the roof, those areas will retain more heat allowing us to identify roof compromising concerns.
While aerial infrared roof inspections offer benefits to any commercial roofing structure they are ideal in the following cases:
- Very large commercial roofs
- In accessible roofs
- Dangerous roofs
- Roofs with no access
Infrared thermography has become an industry standard and is the preferred nondestructive method to identify water intrusion in flat, insulated and low slope roofs.
Differences in heat signatures illustrates the Thermographer problem areas such as:
- Moisture/Water intrusion
- Insulation deficiencies
- Flat- Insulated Roofing leaks
- Electrical systems
- Structural issues
- Mechanical Issues
- Building / Home Energy Loss
- Foundation deficiencies
- Plumbing obstructions or leaks